Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 22

Today brought the end of week #3 and I am now only a couple of days from the end of The Great Experiment. Obviously, I haven't written in five days. Frankly, the topic has ceased being interesting now that I've gotten used to the way I'm eating. Also, there is nothing glamorous about it. I'm not starving myself or eating a diet of cabbage and raw eggs or anything like that. I've just cut down on snacks, eaten reasonable dinners, and made smart lunch choices. Plus, I've worked out a lot more. In doing this, I've found that I almost never eat fried food and obviously sweets are at a minumum. But nothing is really, truly off limits.
In any event, as I limp to the finish line I weighed in at 235 this morning. This is a four lb weight loss from this time last week and a total of 12 lbs. I may get one more pound off by Friday, but that is about it. Anyway, expect some sort of post summing this all up then. As I think is clear, there isn't much wisdom left.
On another program note, the chances of doing a meaningful Running Diary on Friday are starting to look slim. I will end up wracked with guilt in that a) my wife will be working; b) the only real reason I am staying home is to watch my kids, who are out of school; c) I can probably spend some time doing work that I need to get done from home; and d) most of the teams I care about, including the one big one, are playing the night before.

No comments: