Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday Morning

After taking my son to school and getting some work done earlier this morning, I have assumed the couch position and am getting ready to fire up some games.
The Noon games today are UNC/Florida State and Michigan/Wisconsin.
At one, the SEC checks in with Tennessee/South Carolina.
So the early afternoon is either an upset watch or a snoozefest, depending on how things shake out. Florida State has the best chance, the other two underdogs should be DOA.
A couple of notes:
1) I was dead on my guess that Tubby Smith had been to 14 straight tournaments. The last time he missed out was 1993.

2) Wednesday I was reminded of who provided me the sage advice regarding the timing of my surgery. It was none other than Kentucky Secretary of State Trey Grayson.

3) I have interrupted this post to call Sprint, in hopes that someone could get my pda to actually . . . how do you say it? Oh yeah, connect to the internet so that I can actually use the freaking thing. I would be getting less of a run around if I were trying to have lunch with the President. I've been on the phone for 47 mintes.

4) This morning my friend asked me if Vandy covered last night. It did, but that's not the point. His question reminded me that I missed a golden opportunity to include gambling angles in the blog yesterday. With the three turkeys that are on tap at noon and 1, I think now is the time. I'm going to check some point spreads.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who the heck cares so much about the GD SEC. It is a conference of drunks, thieves, and illiterates. Have you lost all west coast pride? You must truly be one of them now, the purveyors of the east coast bias...even if it is with a psuedo southern tilt. Not even a tiny mention of the Big 12, the third best conference after the PAC-10 and ACC. The first 5-12 upset ever yesterday should have at least deemed a sentence. Drink more beer and get your head on straight you knucklehead.

Scutch said...

Nice rant, dude.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I owe it all to idiots across the globe who are hours ahead of me and make my inbox a nightmare with all sorts of issues that crept up while I was sleeping. That, and I am the projenitor of the slowly emerging west coast bias...or as we say in the streets "West Si-eeeeeeeede. Go Bruins!