Friday, March 14, 2008

PAC-10 FINALE

I cannot resist one last post, if for no other reason that to point out I am still watching hoops at 1:34 edt. That's a 12 hour post op stint, interrupted only by trying to tuck my son in bed while bent in half for five minutes, and watching Lost and Survivor on TIVo for approximately 1 hour and 24 minutes.

Add Arizona to the list of teams on thin ice who lost a conference opener. Stanford is tough.

PAC 10 teams have held serve, setting up a couple of great matchups for tomorrow night.

Since Arizona has probably received its last mention in my running diary now is the time to unload my final thought:
Arizona's Chase Budinger bears a striking resemblance to deceased Alice in Chains frontman Layne Staley. If Layne were 6'8", alive and did not have tire tracks in his arms, I am pretty sure they'd be twins.
I have always believed this, but have never mentioned it to anyone. The truth is, I probably have only occasional contact with anyone who knows who both of these people are. When I do meet someone I suspect possesses dual awareness of current college hoops and 90's grunge, I've likely just forgotten to bring it up.
Good night.

No comments: