Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Boring

I promise I'll make this more interesting than blogging about what I eat for every meal. For the record, I was on my own tonight and wanted to eat quickly. I opted for three eggs (removing one of the yokes) a pear and in all honesty, five bites of the Lucky Charms my son left behind from his dinner ten minutes before.

We will occasionally have "breakfast dinner" in our house. This means the three of us who are relatively normal will eat things like eggs, biscuits, toast and bacon. My son has been known to seize on the title, if not the spirit, of the occasion and insist on Lucky Charms.

I followed up this rather sad meal with a cop out elliptical workout at the gym. My relationship with the gym is even more nuanced than with food. The short story is that I hate running and lifting weights, and will do almost anything that causes me to sweat while avoiding those two activities. This means I often end up on the elliptical.

I have a lingering fear that every moment I've ever spent on this particular apparatus has been wasted. The person who invented the elliptical machine may well have said, "lets find an activity that isn't that taxing, then make make machines that tell people they are burning twice the calories they really are. We'll sell a ton, and it might take 25 years before anyone figures out that it was all bullshit. By then, I'll be rich, I'll run away, and all the people who spent their life on an elliptical will be too fat to catch me."

It cannot be a coincidence that all the really athletic people are the ones running.

Anyways, I had about 100 calories worth of low fat microwave popcorn this evening and day one is in the books so long as I can avoid the fridge on the way to bed.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Or the girl scout cookies in the pantry.

Anonymous said...

Not cool Jenni.