Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 5

Lets catch up. We ended up at dinner on Saturday night at Bonefish. I split a Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer with my wife and mother. Health-wise, I'd say it is probably a click or two healthier than eating shrimp by General Tzo. Breaded, fried, sauce somewhat sweet but mostly spicy. But it was basically 6 tiny shrimp. For dinner I had sashimi style Ahi Tuna, a pretty healthy choice. I had two martinis and a glass of wine all night. While we are here, a wise man once said, "Martinis are like boobs. One is not enough and three are too many."

Anyway, I was 243 when I got up this morning. Ostensibly, this is a backslide of three lbs. in a single day. Considering that the previous day I woke up dehydrated I could barely talk, not a real true measure. This is why dieters are told not to weigh every day. As I may have mentioned, I wouldn't be except that I think it is important for the narrative of the blog.

Today, we went skiing in Ohio, so I have been on the road with the family all day. On the way up I truly had the best car option, Subway 6" Turkey without cheese and with light mayo, and a 75 calorie bag of olestra style chips. On the way home, we picked up a pizza, making eating that pizza my best option. In what has been clearly my worst meal of the week, I had five pieces of a medium pizza. Per Domino's web site, that is 900 calories. Feels like more. But assuming that is true, I had about a 1400 calories on what was a very active day. Crappy meal or no, there is only so bad I am going to feel about that.

2 comments:

KimberlyY said...

Hi Alex, tomorrow is Monday the start of the week and time to restart your eating and drinking choices! Good luck and stay clear of fried food and more than 2 pieces of pizza!!!

Appleton said...

I just started following the Great Experiment. Keep up the good work and hang in there! I'm starting my own with P90x.