Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mid-Day Musings

Well, I just watched my Kentucky Wildcats shoot 2-10,000 from the three point line and lose to the dirty Vols, probably my least favorite school. It is time to guard against complacency now, because I am probably going to be sitting around my house for a couple of hours.

This morning I actually sat down with a cup of coffee with sweetener and some creamer in it. Had to do it. Part of a weekend ritual. I did keep it to one cup. I ended up skipping breakfast because I had to go play tennis and I messed around this morning until it was time to leave.

I played the best doubles tennis I've played in a couple of years this morning. Could The Great Experiment have something to do with it? It isn't fitness thing, I haven't been doing this long enough to see any difference there. Yet I do think its possible that I performed better because I have better food in my system from the last few days. My visual acuity and reflexes seemed to work better, and seemed to have unusual command over where the ball was going.

Anyway, for lunch I had a 160 calorie bowl of soup, and a piece of wheat bread with some peanut butter. Even with the peanut butter, it probably wasn't enough food, and I may need to find a reasonable snack in the house to tide me over until dinner.

No comments: