Thursday, February 25, 2010

Go Cats

Finished off Day 2 by having dinner with my Dad at the Raddison before the UK game. There were a lot of options that all seemed about the same. I ate an 8 oz. bone in pork chop along with the fruit that adorned it. There were fried sweet potatoes that I mostly just left on the plate. They were damned good, but I'd given up french fries for lent before I'd even started this silly project. After eating a few, I decided these bad boys were way too close. So I took a pass on the rest.

Where I saved my calories today was on liquor. My Dad picked me up from work about 6:45. Were it not for The Great Experiment, I would have grabbed at least one drink before he showed up, two at dinner and probably a beer at the Hyatt on the way into the game. As it was, I did have my one glass of wine.

All in all a decent day. I left my office for 20 minutes today to buy some unsalted almonds for my office. On the way out the door, I reflexively grabbed a handful of M&Ms. Oh well.

By the way, I think unsalted almonds taste like dog crap. But among my Facebook friends, they have staunch supporters. Go figure.

We'll try again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Dave Zahniser said...

How was the game?

bigspence79 said...

Unsalted almonds to taste like crap. That is why I just get the salted ones. I do actually limit myself to the actual serving size, which is always a problem for me.