Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 7

Well, here is where it starts to get difficult. The textbook example of why you should not weigh each morning came with today's startling revelation of 244.0, meaning with a day to go in the first week, I've only lost three lbs. More to the point, I have managed to gain four pounds since I got up on Saturday morning. This doesn't seem possible.

I know what you are thinking. Losing 3 pounds in a week is a good thing. When that week is the first week, you are a 250lb man who could safely lose 60 lbs and the diet is designed to last 23 days, I am not so sure. I assumed that I would lose 6-7 lbs. in the first week and taper off substantially from there, probably ending up somewhere between 234-236 by March 19th. That is starting to look unrealistic.

Be all that as it may, I am going to press forward and try to enjoy the journey.

4 comments:

KimberlyY said...

Try no to get discouraged Alex and use it as motivation to clean up your eating and drinking habits a little more. Invest in some 100 calorie pack crackers and/or cookies and treat yourself instead of with the girl scout cookies. Try to plan a couple of tennis games this week and enjoy the path to a healthy weight. We are routing for you here in CA. Sending strength and positive thoughts to you my friend. It is never easy :)

Scutch said...

Thanks. Truth be told, outside of 2-3 decisions that collectively cost me about 1200 calories, there isn't much I would have done differently.
And, for then record, I've had a total of three thin mints since this all started.

KimberlyY said...

Points taken :)

Anonymous said...

3 lbs in one week is pretty good. After 8 weeks of just eating a little bit better, I'm down 6 lbs. I keep holding out for exercise as the key to losing more weight - I just need it to creep above 60 degrees to get me out running again. MFHay