Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursday Morning

The countdown has begun. As a warmup, I watched a fair amount of hoops last night. I was glad to see that Cal beat Washington to advance to play UCLA in the PAC 10 quarterfinals today. The Bruins may be the first team in NCAA history to have to avenge a game they won. On the scoreboard, at least. That game is tonight at 5:30 est. Despite our recent awesomeness, the Bruins are often pretty ordinary in the PAC tourney.
I was prepared to write off the Big East, a league which everyone seems to think is going to make noise at tournament time, and predict that it would lay a collective egg beginning next week. But then I toggled between the aforementioned Cal/UW game and the Marquette/Seton Hall offering. I noticed that the second game looked much cleaner and the players more athletic. So I am now questioning myself.
Of course, the Big East game was on ESPN, which comes to me in HD goodness. My PAC-1o tournament feed is coming in on FSN Pacific, which I get in analog on my HD tuner. Between that and my 51 inch TV, the players tend to look like blobs. Its hard to look athletic when you resemble an Atari 2600 baseball player.
So I am going to reserve further judgment for now.

No comments: